Services > Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
Generally, nonsurgical biopsies are less stressful (such as stereotactic) and do not disfigure the skin. Cells are removed from a suspicious area in the breast and then examined by a pathologist to determine the diagnosis. The Fairfield Women's Center, offers the only soft-top table in the area for maximum comfort during the procedure.
For detailed information about a specific procedure visit the following resources:
Exam Preparation Instructions
- Please remember to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time
- Wear comfortable clothing, (some exams may require 2 piece garments)
- Avoid wearing jewelry
- Bring anything in writing from the Referring Physician
- Bring License and Insurance Cards
- All consent forms will need to be signed prior to the exam and medical history will be reviewed
- Bring any comparison films you may have, unless they are previous with Russo
- Payment is expected at the time of service/exam
Must stop taking Aspirin, Motrin, or Coumadin 48 hours prior to the biopsy procedure.
It may take 60-90 minutes for the procedure.