Services > MRI
A technique that uses magnetic fields and radio waves linked to a computer to create pictures of internal structures of the body, particularly the soft tissues. The MRI creates images superior to a normal x-ray.
For detailed information about a specific procedure visit the following resources:
Exam Preparation Instructions
- Please remember to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time
- Wear comfortable clothing, (some exams may require 2 piece garments)
- Avoid wearing jewelry
- Bring anything in writing from the Referring Physician, as well as Attorney's paperwork.
- Bring License and Insurance Cards
- All consent forms will need to be signed prior to the exam and your medical history will be reviewed
- Bring any comparison films you may have unless from Russo Radiology
- Payment is expected at the time of service/exam
- Pace Maker or wires
- Aneurysm Clip
- Metallic Foreign Bodies in eyes
- Bullet Fragments near major arteries
MRI ordered with contrast:
- Nothing to eat or drink 4 hours prior to the exam
Any additional Medical Eligibility Criteria, please contact our Stratford or Fairfield MRI Office
- Allow approximately 30-40 minutes for the exams
- No dietary restrictions for most exams.
- Patients must not eat or drink after midnight for the following MRA procedures: Abdomen, Renal and Carotid.
- Wear comfortable clothes, preferably sweatpants or something with an elastic waistband (no metal clips, snaps, buttons, or zippers)
- There is a 350lb weight limit on both of the MRI tables.