Services > Breast Tomosynthesis
Breast tomosynthesis converts digital breast images into a stack of very thin layers to create a 3-dimensional mammogram that helps find very small cancers or rule out “false positives”. This additional screening tool has been proven to reduce the amount of women who are called back for a diagnostic mammogram. This “high-powered computing system takes multiple breast images in just seconds without adding any additional time to your exam.
For detailed information about a specific procedure visit the following resources:
Exam Preparation Instructions
- Please remember to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time
- Wear comfortable clothing, (some exams may require 2 piece garments)
- Avoid wearing jewelry
- Bring anything in writing from the Referring Physician, as well as Attorney's paperwork.
- Bring License and Insurance Cards
- All consent forms will need to be signed prior to the exam and your medical history will be reviewed
- Bring any comparison films you may have unless from Russo Radiology
- Payment is expected at the time of service/exam
Just like a Digital Mammogram:
- Do not wear any body powder, deodorant or perfume on the day of your exam
- Wear a two piece garment for convenience
- Allow approximately 15-20 minutes for the exam.